Facebook has an exclusive option of giving you an overview of your 2014 – this is my version; some highlights of my year!
JANUARY – Suffered my first eye injury, a few weeks before my first cheerleading competition. Seeing the world with one eye aint easy.
– Pleasantly Chic turned 2, and I hosted my second blog giveaway!
– I performed in the re-opening of my homerink in SM Megamall, relocated at the Fashion Hall! I was also featured at the Plump Pinay show, hosted by Danah and Stacey Gutierrez.
Read: Pleasantly Chic turns 2!
FEBRUARY – Blogging never stops! I attended an enrichment class in DLSU during our university week called Fancy Blogging 101 where bloggers Mr. Paul the Pr Guy (Paul Riyadh) and Ms. Konichiwear (Dominique Tiu) spoke about blogging tips and tricks.
– After almost a decade, my family (maternal side) went up north to cold, foggy Baguio to attend my grandfather’s alumni homecoming in the PMA. I also spent the last CWTS Immersion with my co-athletes at De La Salle Araneta University in Malabon City.
– The Animo Squad All Girls Team Building was a blast, I got closer to my teammates as the competition started drawing closer.
– My former teammate Michael Christian Martinez competed in the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. I’m so proud!!
MARCH – My favorite month because it’s my birthday month! 😛 I had my pre-debut shoot and celebrated my 18th birthday dinner at Heat, one of my favorite buffets in the country.
– I competed in my first cheerleading competition; the DLSU Animo Squad All Girls Team bagged the champion title for the college all girls division. Woopee!
– I volunteered as an usher in CCF – Main.
– I became blog sponsors for BMS Redux and Comedy Manila’s United Colors of Comedy, both arranged by student organizations of DLSU.
Read: Beyond Blessed
APRIL – started my summer by attending the Close Up Forever Summer event with my girlfriends!
– Pleasantly Chic had a makeover, thanks to Big Box Creatives!
– V1KT8RIA was undeniably the highlight of the month.
Read: V1KT8RIA (18th Birthday)
MAY – Spent the second half of summer in the United States with my parents, brothers and relatives. It was a first for me to see New York, and wow, concrete jungle dreams really happened here.
JUNE – School began on May but I entered the annual academic year a few days late since I came from the US.
– I watched Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider live with my best friend Abbie, and also got a chance to meet and greet with them!
– I was a blog sponsor for Urban Ashram Manila and also met Jenny Han who was on her ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ book tour!
– I went wakeboarding with my cousins, last minute post-summer outing!
Read: Republ1c Wakepark
JULY – The start of the UAAP Season also calls for the start of my first article as a When in Manila- with of course, the topic of the UAAP! July was a busy month performing at the UAAP games. I also performed at my first Ateneo vs La Salle halfttime, what an honor!
AUGUST – I tackled my second When in Manila assignment and watched the touching stage play ‘Dani Girl’.
– My hair was BLOwn away by Blo Dry Bar!
– The trending ALS Ice Bucket Challenge helped spread awareness to those who had the disease, in which I participated as well!
Read: Blo Blow Dry Bar
SEPTEMBER – V1KT8RIA got featured in MyDebutPh!
– Attended the MEG Girls On Top event where I got to have a ninja selfie with John Legend!
– I got to attend another blogging filled session hosted by Ms. Shai Lagarde of Love Chic.
Read: V1KT8RIA (MyDebut.ph)
Read: Love Chic’s Style Stop
OCTOBER– It was my first time to fly out of Manila without a guardian or my parents with me – just my best friend Angela and I. If you know me well enough, you’d know this is a big deal for me. Hihi. 🙂 We attended Bacolod City’s Masskara Festival!
– Attended WHENINMANILA.COM’S Blogapalooza Event – an expo for bloggers, where I also met my boss, the main man of WIM Vince Golangco for the first time!
NOVEMBER – An early Christmas Gift in a box tied in rainbow ribbons came in to my doorstep called a FILED Scribble Planner! Happy to be a part of this family.
– Attended two epic events by DLSU organizations: Collision and Apollo Music Festival!
– taught a an interbatch cheering team for their intrams; i love kids!
– models/subjects for school projects! Glad I was able to help out through my ‘artistic’ poses. HAHA.
Read: Blank Space
Read: FILED’s Scribble Planner
DECEMBER – Officially a writer for BuhayKolehiyo.com, an online magazine that targets college students.
– The photo where I was taken as a model won a contest! (I’ll blog about that soon!)
– Watched Chicago The Musical!
– Received a special reward at the grand reunion of my grade school alma mater. I feel so humbled!
– Celebrating Christmas and New Year will always make my December.